how to make your own website for free

Article Title with Solid 

EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMS

NMT's Empowerment Programs for Elderly

Programs to Empower Senior Citizens

A major demographic issue for India is the ageing population with wide implications for economy and society. With the advancement in medical science, the life expectancy of people has increased, but the retirement age still stands at 60. Upon attaining the age of 60 years, irrespective of whether the person wishes to continue working or is capable of working, he/she has to begin a new phase of life, with no regular source of income, 

Unlike in developed countries, where the social security systems take care of the retired elderly, the resources in India are very limited. In India, only 10 per cent of retired employees get some form of pension and the other 90 per cent are forced to survive on their savings which often get exhausted within a few years of retirement. Thus, post-retirement, elders often end up depending on their children or other family members for financial help.

There is also a need to provide dependable information on legal issues, medical conditions, schemes and services available for the elderly in India. If such information is made available, it would empower elders to live a life of dignity without depending on their children and on other sources of information. 

NMT's empowerment programs aim to provide verified information for Seniors while also assisting them in restarting their careers. 

NMT Impact in Empowering Elders through Job Fairs

Impact of NMT's work to
Empower Seniors

2058

Elders trained in computer use

3039

Assisted in starting Second Careers

1289

Seniors trained in smartphone usage

3026

Senior Citizens use IndiaElderConnect

Nightingales
Medical Trust's
Programs to
Empower Seniors

Elders at our Jobs60+ Centre being trained

1. Jobs 60+

India Elder Connect

2. IndiaElderConnect

1. Jobs 60+

Nightingales Jobs 60+ was established to provide a financially independent life for healthy and employable retired elders by enabling them to re-enter the job market or become self-employed.
A comprehensive program with dedicated and well trained faculty, our training in computers, tally and skill based vocation helps thousands of elders reignite the lost spark and reinvent a second career for themselves to live a life of dignity and empowerment.

A job fair in progress

2. IndiaElderConnect

Nightingales Medical Trust has launched India Elder Connect - a comprehensive website for the elderly in India. This website provides a platform for elders to network, connect and stay active by relearning and asking questions, sharing their opinions and guiding each other, finding solutions to new concerns and eventually building interactive communities. The website also looks at providing families and carers with resources to understand and meet senior citizens’ caregiving needs. 

India Elder Connect

Phone Support

24 HOURS A DAY

+ 91 80 4246565

Follow Us

SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS

Sign Up

RECEIVE EMAIL UPDATES FROM US