Govt. Authorized Senior Citizen ID Cards
Nightingales Medical Trust has been authorised by the Government of Karnataka to issue ID cards to senior citizens above the age of 60 years.
Benefits of the ID Card
This card contains all the necessary details regarding the identity of the holder. This card, endorsed by a government authority, is an authentic proof of the date of birth and address of the card holder.
The ID card enables elders to utilise the various benefits available to them, in hospitals, labs, medical shops, buses, railways, airways and other places. It is also helpful in times of emergencies, for easy identification.
Since December 2006, over 50,000 ID cards have been issued along with a booklet on “Concessions and Related Information to Senior Citizens”.
Application for ID Cards
Step 1 – Requirements for application
- ID Proof (Address and Age Proof) – Copy of Ration Card/Copy of Voters ID/Original Date of Birth Affidavit etc..
Ensure that the date of birth is clearly printed and matches the information provide on the application form.
- Photographs – 3 clear, recent, color, passport–sized photographs
- Processing charge – Rs. 50/- per card has to be paid while submitting the application
Step 2 – Filling up the form
Either obtain the form from any of the centers mentioned below or print form and fill up details matching your ID proof and sign
Step 3 – Submit form at any of the following centres
- Elders Helpline 1090, Shivajinagar
- Nightingales Medical Trust, R.T Nagar
- Elders Enrichment Centre, Malleshwaram
- Sandhya Kirana, Shantinagar
- Nightingales Centre for Ageing & Alzheimers, Kasturinagar
Step 4 – Issue of Identity Cards
After 30 days of submission, check if cards are ready and either come in person to collect the card or send the acknowledgment slip along with the person who wishes to collect your card.
For more information call 080 – 22943226