For Nightingales, it was a humble beginning in January 1996 when we started providing medical care at homes of the elderly who had difficulty in visiting hospitals. Now Nightingales has become a household name for eldercare in Bangalore. Everyday, over 800 elders benefit from the various need-based support systems that Nightingales runs. Our area of operation has extended into rural areas as well.
Besides gaining the confidence and goodwill of the community in general and of the elders in particular, Nightingales Medical Trust has earned prestigious awards in the State, the National and the International levels too.
Many are behind this remarkable growth over the years – our committed trustees, well-wishers, donors, volunteers, collaborators and the Government. Our sincere thanks to all of them.
We still have a long way to go. More elders are yet to be reached. More issues and problems facing the elderly need to be addressed. More awareness and community participation is required.
If you are a socially conscious person, we need your cooperation and involvement in our efforts to ensure health, happiness and dignity to the growing number of senior citizens.
- You can be a volunteer by committing at least two hours per week.
- If you wish to spend time with elders benefiting from our various projects you can do so by getting in touch with the program managers of respective projects.
- You can also participate in various events like World Elder Abuse Awareness Day, World Alzheimer’s Day, World Elders Day, Awareness programs, etc.
- You can celebrate your special days (birthdays, remembrances) or festivals by providing breakfast/lunch for elders at Sandhya Kirana.
- If you are talented in a particular skill which can be taught to the elders for income generation, you are welcome to teach them.
- You can promote income generation for the under privileged elders either by their
- You can promote income generation for the underprivileged elders by either buying their products – greeting cards, paper bags, candles, envelopes, dolls, mats, etc. or finding a market for them or providing place during your fests and events for marketing these products.
- You can organize small programs for elders well being or entertainment (have satsangs, yoga programs, spiritual discourses, etc.)
- You can also get trained for conducting various awareness programs in and around Bangalore concerning various elder care issues.
- You can spread awareness by telling elders about Nightingales Medical Trust
All donations to Nightingales Medical Trust are exempt under section 80G of the Income Tax Act. The Trust is registered and approved under the Foreign Currency Regulation Act (FCRA) to receive contributions from abroad.
Well-wishers who wish to donate for the cause of the elderly can do so in the following manner:
- We prefer cheque in favour of ”Nightingales Medical Trust.” Official receipt will be given to you.
- For information on online cash transfers, kindly call us on 080 – 23548444 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Way of Helping:
- As we run projects for underprivileged senior citizens as well, donations such as old clothes (in good conditions), winter wear, blankets, saris, shirts, etc. are accepted with gratitude and distributed among the needy.
- Old pieces of furniture for which you have no need can also be donated at Nightingales.
- Equipments both electronic as well as medical (wheelchairs, waterbeds, walkers, canes, etc.) can also be donated to Nightingales.
- Medicines which you do not need anymore can also be dispensed by doctors working for Rural Mobile Medicare Program.
- Promote Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and first-aid programmes
- Recruit needy elders – part-time or full-time
Contact for further details on volunteering at email@example.com
Call us on 080 – 23548444/555/666