UPCOMING-EVENTS


Job Fair for Elders – 26 March 2017

Nightingales Jobs 60+, an initiative of Nightingale Empowerment Foundation (NEF) - promoted by Nightingales Medical Trust, in Association with Department of Skill Development, Govt. of Karnataka, is organizing a Job Fair for Elders on Sunday, 26th March 2017 at Nalapad Pavilion, Gate No.5, Palace Grounds, Bangalore from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. (Please note that the date and venue of the job fair has been changed. Inconvenience caused is regretted)

Studies have revealed that in India, only 10 per cent of retired employees get pension from the government / former employers and the other 90 per cent are forced to survive on their savings which often get exhausted within the initial few years of retirement. Post-retirement, senor citizens often end up depending on their children or other family members for financial help. This lack of economic independence further leads to distress within the family, stealing dignity and independence from the aged, often leading to some forms of elder abuse. The job fair is being organized with the sole aim of providing a financially independent life for healthy and employable retired senior citizens by enabling them to re-enter the job market or become self-employed. 

Since its inception in 2011, NEF has organized 4 job fairs for senior citizens; over 1500 Senior Citizens have been successfully helped in getting suitable placements with positive feedback from the recruiters. This year too the organizers hope to place approx. ____ senior citizens through the ____ recruiters who will be participating in the job fair. Recruiters include educational institutions, industries, builders, gas agencies, service organizations and corporates.

Senior Citizens in the age group of 60 – 70 years, physically fit and in need of financial security are encouraged to participate in this fair with 5 copies of CVs and 2 passport size photographs. This is entirely a free service.

For registration, contact 080-26800333 / 9243737214 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Let’s join hands to reinvent a second career for our elders and enable them to live a life of dignity and empowerment.