MOBILE ACTIVE AGEING
No matter how advance medical science is, it cannot stop something as natural as ageing. Ageing is invariably associated with disability and dependency due to various health related conditions. The concept of Active Ageing aims to extend healthy life expectancy and quality of life for all people as they age. Active Ageing allows people to realize their potential for physical, social, and mental well-being throughout the life course and to participate in societal activities and responsibilities.
WHAT WE DO:
The Mobile Active Ageing program, based on the ThinkingFit research done in the UK is a comprehensive program that requires a commitment of 6 hours a week. Active Ageing experts visit the community to render this scientific program at the community level. The program improves physical, mental and social well-being through a protocol based scientific program, minimizes the risk of dementia, controls hypertension, diabetes, depression and prevents of falls.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Physical activities: One hour of aerobic exercises and one hour of chair-based exercises
- Cognitive activities: One hour of paper pencil based activity and one hour of I-pad based activities
- Social Cognitive Activities: One hour of group based mental stimulation activities and one hour of fun based activities.
All clients enrolling into Active Ageing program need to undergo a detail physical, cognitive and social assessment. Post the assessment and signing of consent form, clients can participate in the activities. The assessment is to be repeated at an interval of 3 months, 9 months, 12 months and 18 months. Medical records of all members to be collected and filed.
REQUIREMENTS TO CONDUCT THE PROGRAM IN YOUR COMMUNITY
- Minimum 12 people are required to form a batch and maximum 24
- 6 hours of involvement for minimum of three months is needed to achieve significant results
- initial assessment before joining the program
- Signing of consent form
- Other requirements:
- A hall to accommodate around 20-24 people with even flooring
- Preferably arm less chairs (24) and 5 tables
- Power source to use projector
- A white board with a stand