Nightingales Empowerment Foundation (NEF) - Jobs 60+
A major demographic issue for India in the 21st century is the ageing population with wide implications for economy and society. With the advancement in medical science, life expectancy of people has increased, but the retirement age still stands at 60 (in most organisations). Upon attaining the age of 60 years, irrespective of whether the person wishes to continue working or is capable of working, he/she is compulsorily retired, leaving them with lesser sources to generate income.
Unlike in developed countries, where the social security systems and health services take care of the retired elderly, the resources in India, both from the government and the private sectors are very limited to provide the senior citizens basic benefits like healthcare, food, housing and economic security. In India, only 10 per cent of retired employees get pension from the government / former employers and the other 90 per cent are forced to survive on their savings which often get exhausted within a few years of retirement.Thus, post-retirement, elders often end up depending on their children or other family members for financial help. This lack of economic independence further leads to distress within the family, stealing dignity and independence from the aged, leading to some form of elder abuse.
WHAT WE DO:
Nightingales Jobs 60+ an initiative of Nightingales Empowerment Foundation (NEF) was established in Oct 2011 to provide a financially independent life for healthy and employable retired elders by enabling them to re-enter the job market or become self-employed.
A comprehensive program with dedicated and well trained faculty, our training in computers, tally and skill based vocation helps thousands of elders reignite the lost spark and reinvent a second career for themselves to live a life of dignity and empowerment.
ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR
- 4483 elders registered for post-retirement jobs and 234 employers registered in the free job portal
- 811 elders got part time / full time jobs through our employment exchange. Besides, a large number of elders also got jobs directly through our job portal
- 75 batches of training conducted and 1378 seniors trained in Computer and Soft Skills
- 370 trained in vocational / income generation skills
- 90 elders trained in Tally ERP 4 and 16 in Tally ERP 9
- 40 seminars conducted for promoting job opportunities
- 4 Job Fairs for seniors successfully organized
SERVICES OFFERED AT NIGHTINGALES JOBS 60+:
- Career counselling
- Skills development – Computer training in computers and tally.
- Soft skills training
- Employment Bureau – Connecting employers and prospective employees
- Vocational training for various income generation products
- Free jobs portal www.nightingalesjobs60plus.com which facilitates smooth and effective flow of recruitment process and enable employers select suitable candidates with ease.